The most direct impacts are to neighbors in the Heirloom neighborhood. We anticipate increased traffic through the neighborhood, particularly on weekdays.
PWSD is implemented the following to help mitigate community impacts:
- PWSD vehicles and contractors are instructed to use the Hess Road entrance to the site rather than neighborhood streets whenever possible.
- Construction did not begin before 7 am.
- In an effort to limit nighttime impacts, we will be taking a “dark skies” approach to the building. This means avoiding the use of uplighting and limiting downlighting to minimum required levels.
- The new building will have indoor parking for a number of our fleet vehicles, which means neighbors will not have to view the majority of vehicles after hours. This also means we can reduce the need to provide security lighting in the parking lot.
- The building has been designed to seamlessly integrate into the natural grading of the hillside, rather than on top of it, in an effort to minimize disruption to neighborhood views and sightlines.